Masks are here! Get yours at Waterloo Park
Drop by, say hi, get a mask, hear our ask ;)
UPDATE OCT 15, 2020
Due to weather, Thursday's session at Waterloo Park was postponed. Friday and Saturday's sessions should proceed, but please check this site for updates before coming to the booth, if there is poor weather. We thank you for your interest and hope to see you at our table soon!!
Meet and greet
Join us Oct 16-17 (Oct 15th POSTPONED!), anytime between 1-3pm @ Waterloo Park.
We will be at a picnic table near the parking lot north of the Cricket Pitch.
- Say hi (from a distance*)!
- Get your free goose mask!
- Chat about the union
- Sign a card
- Bring a bubble-buddy
Note: you don’t need to sign a card to get a free mask! :)
*See bottom of page for important health & safety guidelines.
Health and safety precautions
We will have strict safety procedures in place for the protection of all visitors to the booth as well as the organizers. Please take note of the following measures when deciding to visit:
- The latest guidelines from the Government of Ontario instruct people to reduce their “social bubble” to the size of their household (unless someone lives alone, then they can bubble up with max. two others for social support). Please only bring a person in your household (or single+2 bubble) to our booth. Or, keep proper distance between yourself and any non-household/bubble person who accompanies you.
- All visitors must wear masks at all times. However, you may change from your current mask to the new goose one, and organizers will be sporting their new masks too!
- Do not come to the booth if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, are asymptomatic but awaiting a Covid-19 test for any reason, or if you have been ordered by public health to self-isolate or quarantine (even if you have tested negative).
- Physical distancing of 6+ feet will be maintained at all times. There will be only 1-2 organizers at the booth at any one time. Hand sanitizer will be available and surfaces will be cleaned often (e.g. pens).
- You/your friend can sign a paper card or an organizer will be happy to use their laptop to fill out the web-form for you, if desired.
- Even with distancing, just in case, we will keep a paper log of names/phone numbers of anyone who stays at the booth for >15 minutes. This will not be used for any other purpose than if required by public health for contract tracing. It will be shredded after 14 days.
- We highly recommend downloading Canada’s free Covid-Alert exposure notification app. While the app is not a substitute for other public health measures, it offers an added layer of protection.
- If you have an accessibility need that impedes adhering to these guidelines, we would be happy to discuss a way to accomodate you. Please reach out to us by email, or come in person and let the organizer know when you first arrive. We will not ask for private medical information, and instead will focus on how we can work together to make our event inclusive for you.
If you are able to do so, but choose not adhere to these safety measures, we will have to ask you to leave the booth. Safety of our organizers and all visitors is of the utmost importance to Organize uWaterloo. Thank you for your consideration.
Hope to see you there!
We feel having the chance to see people face to face is valuable, but we understand this is not possible or comfortable for everyone. This is just one more way to connect with us. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a video or phone call, we can chat by email or text, etc.
In addition we have a weekly video chat / hangout / Q&A / drop in every Tuesday at 1:30pm. Please join if you would like to discuss the drive, ask any questions, or simply say hello and meet our organizers! Just click this link to join the call: meet.jit.si/uwaterloocommitteefororganizing.