Get involved in the campaign
We need your help to make it happen
Join us! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Here are some ways that you can help the campaign to organize the University of Waterloo.
- Talk to 2-3 friends about the campaign and ask them to sign cards
- Become a card signer (check out this post for quick tips) in your department or faculty
- Sign up to the newsletter to get updates
- Join the core organizing committee
- Contribute special skills (e.g. marketing, graphic design, writing, translation, web design, baking cookies)
- Contribute a story or testimonial (you may stay anonymous) regarding problems you've experienced at UW, why you support unionization, and/or experience(s) you've had with a union elsewhere
- Share your views with us on a workplace issue you care about in your department/faculty/school
- Talk to us about a topic you have expertise/lived experience in, e.g. advocacy for students from marginalized groups, labour organizing
And if you're not sure yet, that's ok too! You can find answers to some FAQs about volunteering here; feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you might have about volunteering, or to discuss how you might be able to help out.
Weekly video chat and FAQ
The Committee to Organize uWaterloo hosts a weekly Q&A video call at 1:30pm every Tuesday! Please join if you would like to discuss the drive, ask any questions, or simply say hello and meet our organizers. Just go to this link to join the call: