A discussion on unionization with a focus on international student issues. First the guests will give brief remarks identifying workplace issue for international students and outlining the role of unions to address them. Then the floor will be open for discussion, including questions and concerns from audience members. All are welcome!
Bring your questions!
Click below to view the recorded webinar, or watch
directly on YouTube.
- Lara El Mekkawi, English Department Organizer, GSA representative for English
- Kelti Cameron, International Solidarity Officer from CUPE
- Jorge H. Sanchez-Perez, International Graduate Student at McMaster University
- Jin Sia, Migrant Students United (MSU) representative at UW
- Alkım Karaağaç, Geography Department Organizer
- Maria Papageorgiou, Applied Mathematics Department Organizer
- Other International Graduate Student Organizers and supporters
- Introduction to townhall (moderator)
- Introduction to union drive for international students
- CUPE and what unions do for international students (CUPE organizer)
- Guest Speaker from McMaster University on Unionization and International students
- Introduction to Migrant Students United at UW
- Q and A
- International Students’testimonials
- Open Discussion