Learn about your basic labour rights under your TA, RA, or Sessional contract, how to exercise those rights, and how to navigate the tricky landscape of being both a graduate student and worker. Event speakers include top professionals in Labour Law and Human Rights, as well as campus allies from grassroots advocacy organizations. Labour rights will be discussed in the context of both domestic and international student experience. Bring your questions!
Apr 28, 2022 11:00 AM
Live event with Organize UW
This live event has ended.
- Sophia Sanniti, GSA Labour Coordinator
- Ashley Ryan, GSA Student Wellness Coordinator
- Aditya Rao, Senior Research Officer - Human Rights & Labour, Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Lara Mekkawi, PhD Candidate, English, UWaterloo
- David Steele - Legal Representative, Canadian Union of Public Employees
supported by CUPE
The Committee to Organize uWaterloo is a grassroots campaign to unionize the academic workers at the University of Waterloo. The campaign is supported by the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Canada's largest union.