GSA Outdoor Movie Night & Scavenger Hunt
Join us for prizes, popcorn, and a movie night under the stars!
Meet up with your friends and classmates for a movie night under the stars! You can grab dinner or drinks at the Graduate House, followed by a themed scavenger hunt, and finally, the movie will be screened on the Grad House lawn. This event is hosted by the UW Graduate Student Association and is open to all grad students (+1 guest). There will be prizes to win and treats! Plus free popcorn sponsored by OrganizeUW. We'll also have an Info Table where you can stop by to find out more about unionization at UW, ask us your questions, sign a union card if you haven't already, and snag some free Gizmo the Goose and CUPE swag. And if you have already signed up and want to do more to help ensure our campaign for better working conditions at UW succeeds, let us know! We'd love to chat with you about volunteer opportunities; every contribution, big or small, gets us closer to our goal.
Aug 31, 2021 7:00 PM — 10:00 PM
200 University Ave W, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
We'll be watching 🎬The Breakfast Club!🎬
- Before the event, feel free to stop by the Grad House for dinner before 6pm and drinks between 6-8pm. Both the patio and inside will be open!
- At 7pm, swing by the GSA sign-in table to participate in a fun movie-themed scavenger hunt on campus - there are prizes to be won!
- After 8pm hits, stroll on over to the lawn “movie theatre” on the grass area beside the Grad House and make yourself comfortable. The movie will start at 8:30pm once it's dark enough.
🍿Free popcorn🍿 courtesy of OrganizeUW, and treats will be supplied!
Click here to register.
- The Grad House kitchen closes at 6pm. However, GH will stay open late from 6-8pm for optional drink purchases and access to the washrooms.
- Once the movie starts, please keep your voices low so that you don't disturb other movie watchers.
- This event will be BYO-Seating. Feel free to bring something comfortable to sit on (e.g., blankets, pillow) as you'll be sitting on the ground. You're also welcome to bring your own folding chair. However, if you do so, please sit in the back row so that others can see the movie.
- All UW grad students are welcome to attend and may register one (1) guest.
- Please note that COVID-19 restrictions will be in effect, including a limited capacity due to social distancing.
See the registration link above for further info on the GSA's COVID-19 safety protocols, bringing additional guests (e.g. your kids), and the waitlist if the event fills up.